April 03, 2011

don't try not to

 
Happy birthday, my Princess.

Don't == The Residents
Formely performed by Elvis Presley


Don’t, don’t, that’s what you say
Each time that I hold you this way,
When I feel like this and I want to kiss you,
Baby, don’t say don’t.

Don’t, don’t,leave my embrace
For here in my arms is your place
When the night grows cold and I want to hold you,
Baby, don’t say don’t. Baby don't say don't.

If you think that this is just a game
I'm playing
If you think that I don’t mean
Ev’ry word I’m saying
Don’t, don’t
Don’t feel that way
I’m your love and yours I will stay

This you can believe
I will never leave you
Heaven knows I won’t
Baby, don’t say don’t




But you're not the Paralyzer, my Heroine — this you know.
It's exactly like
Du bist der Sand im Getriebe
der Gedanken-Maschine
where you never ever will be a lobotomy.

You burn my fire,
you wet my water.
You light my flames,
you flow my floods.

You teach me how to see,
when you learn having a look.
You learn how to take what's yours,
when you teach me how to keep what's mine.

You make heaven on earth
when I'm grounding,
then you blow in the wind
to make our carpet fly.

But don't try not to...
It's just impossible, in love.

I wish you all the best.